responsible for supporting the surgeons in providing medical care for surgical patients during and post-surgery
If you are interested in joining the Azzore team, you may send us your resume by fax (479) 964-4306, by email email@example.com, or by snail mail to Azzore Veterinary Specialists, 2711 E Parkway Dr, Russellville AR 72802.
You must be able to lift heavy animals; intubate and extubate patients; monitor patients under anesthesia; provide ICU and critical care; perform surgical prep; take radiographs; and provide pre- and post-op care. You must possess the intuitive skill required to closely monitor recovering patients and accurately assess their response to treatment. Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team are a must.
Computer skills are a big plus. Wage is negotiable (based on education and experience).
- Technician for Dr. Mario Hodgson working Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday each week. Some days are longer than others depending on the caseload. Two days a month you will travel to Springdale, AR with Dr. Hodgson to see patients at the animal emergency center there.
- Second technician for Dr. Terry Dew working Wednesday through Friday and one or two Tuesdays a month when Dr. Dew is in our Russellville facility.
- Admissions / Release nurse. This is a part-time position, working Monday through Friday from 7:30 am until approximately 11:30 am.
- Patient care and monitoring
Attention to detail
Ability to intubate and extubate patients
- Skill in monitoring patients under anesthesia
- Ability to problem solve
- Provide ICU and critical care
- Perform surgical prep
Open to learning new skills
Some heavy lifting
Candidates must possess the intuitive skill required to closely monitor recovering patients and accurately assess their response to treatment. Good interpersonal and communication skills are a critical aspect of this job.
Must have a telephone and reliable transportation.
Maturity, responsibility, flexibility and the ability to work unsupervised are critical in this position. If you do not have these skills, or cannot work 10-hour shifts, please do not waste your time and ours by applying.